Saturday, March 13, 2010

Maria and the chicks

Maria and I took a trip to school on Wednesday evening to see the baby chicks that were hatched in the kindergarten. She absolutely loved the "chicken!" She kept picking up the one chick I took out of the box for her to hold and saying "chicken come back, come back here chicken!" She really did love those chicks! The poor chick Maria kept trying to shake him! If you look close enough you can tell the chick was moving up and down! The poor thing must have been traumatized.

"What are you looking at? It's my chicken!"


"What this chicken? I swear I didn't shake him."





"Hey what you looking at?"
We had a great time playing with the chick. Maria had so much fun she cried when we had to put the chick back in the box with it's siblings. It was pretty funny!

On another note, Maria is now pretty much diaper free! She finally decided that she will poop on the potty along with peeing, so we're pretty set during the day. I still put a diaper on her at nap and bedtime just in case, even though she's more times than not dry when she gets up. It's nice that it's finally clicked in her little head that she can go on the potty, even when we're out. What a big step for our big girl! It's so funny seeing her run around with no diaper butt! She looks so very skinny without her big cloth diaper on. All of her jeans now have the adjustable waist pulled all the way in so they don't fall off! What a change.

Number 2 is doing well. Growing bigger everyday. This little munchkin is determined to make me uncomfortable! Oh well, soon enough May will be here!

I think that's really about all for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved those pictures!! They are just to cute. She is so beautiful. I loved the words that you put with each picture. I myself would have loved to see those baby chicks! Now you know what to get her for Easter, baby chicks!! Glad to hear all is going well. Take care
Grandma Burke