I had my 21wk doctors appointment this week. #2's heart rate was again in the 140's. Maria's was always in the 150's. I actually gained 4lbs in the last 3.5weeks. I'm not complaining because this is the first appointment where I actually gained weight! So in 21wks I'm only up 4lbs! I can't complain about that! My ob is hysterical. He has had a host of medical students in his office in the last few months so appointments are always interesting. This appointment his med student took the most detailed history ever, and then when Dr. H. came in the room he pulled out a buzzer and a chime and started playing his own little game show with the med student all about my history, and what the next few months will be like for me.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
The "Cheese Face" and updates
Maria now loves to have her picture taken. The problem is when we try to take her picture she says "cheese" and makes the scrunched up face. I haven't been able to get a good shot of her with her eyes open! Tonight I was taking her picture and she kept saying, "again!" "again!" Needless to say I have a bunch of pictures of Maria making the same "cheese" face now. It's still cute!
Now for some #2 updates. :)
I had my 21wk doctors appointment this week. #2's heart rate was again in the 140's. Maria's was always in the 150's. I actually gained 4lbs in the last 3.5weeks. I'm not complaining because this is the first appointment where I actually gained weight! So in 21wks I'm only up 4lbs! I can't complain about that! My ob is hysterical. He has had a host of medical students in his office in the last few months so appointments are always interesting. This appointment his med student took the most detailed history ever, and then when Dr. H. came in the room he pulled out a buzzer and a chime and started playing his own little game show with the med student all about my history, and what the next few months will be like for me.
We did already start discussing delivery in the middle of the "game show." I told Dr. H. that I was going to bring that up with him at a later date, but since he brought it up we might as well talk about it. We discussed Maria's delivery and the difficulties we had with her, and he said that if this baby is bigger, and they typically get bigger, that I'd be a great candidate to be induced at 39wks. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with that. I know that pitocin is evil, I had it with Maria, but if in anyway it helps avoid having to have this child from being pulled out with the vacuum then I'm totally for it. We'll just have to see how May goes.
I had my 21wk doctors appointment this week. #2's heart rate was again in the 140's. Maria's was always in the 150's. I actually gained 4lbs in the last 3.5weeks. I'm not complaining because this is the first appointment where I actually gained weight! So in 21wks I'm only up 4lbs! I can't complain about that! My ob is hysterical. He has had a host of medical students in his office in the last few months so appointments are always interesting. This appointment his med student took the most detailed history ever, and then when Dr. H. came in the room he pulled out a buzzer and a chime and started playing his own little game show with the med student all about my history, and what the next few months will be like for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment