Saturday, December 13, 2008

So she's not a fan of Santa!



I didn't even get a picture of Maria with Santa! (other family members did, but I didn't) I had to hold her next to Santa and she wouldn't even look at him or the cameras...oh boy...


So to backtrack a little, today we had the KC kids Christmas Party. Mary and Maria got all dressed up in thier Christmas dresses and all ready to have a nice breakfast with Santa. Well breakfast went good, Maria ate well, and found a new favorite treat... candy canes! Great just what every toddler needs; hard candy! Yep bad mommy bad!!! I totally let her suck on one, well until she dropped it and it shattered. She loved it! It was so cute! Downfall.... really sticky hands and face.

When we went up to see Santa Maria had a melt down. She definitely did not want him to hold her! I squatted down with her and held her while our paparazzi family took pictures. Chris did the same with Mary and we ended up with pictures of the 4 of us with Santa instead of just the two girls. Obviously I knew it wasn't going to be as easy as last year!

The last few days have been busy, we've tried to do some Christmas shopping, Mike and I had a Christmas party to go to on Friday, and the kids party today. I'm tired! It's been a busy day! And I still haven't vacuumed! I should do that before I go to bed! Well at least downstairs not near Maria's room.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Our kids all have an aversion to Santa! We have never been truly successful with getting pics with Santa.