Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Fun


Well it's been a week since my last post so it's time to catch up. Let's see...Maria is still in her big girl bed and doing great! She does have some times where she refuses to nap (like today) but for the most part she does a great job in her bed. I'm very happy. We are still considering getting a video monitor for her room to replace the sound one. We'll see...

Tuesday we celebrated my birthday. We had a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse. MMMM! It's nice they opened one up like 3min away from the house. NICE! We had a nice dinner and a cupcake for desert. Mike and Maria got me a Wii Fit for my birthday, and I must say that I love it! It's quite the fun little workout! I've done good so far with it, so I'm hoping to stay consistent with it.

Today Maria and I have been having "Mommy and Ri" time. We got up and went to the bank where she ran all over the place entertaining everyone there. Of course she also had to have her cookie while she was there! We visited a bit then off we went to get Ri's feet checked. As it turns out she has again out grown her shoes. Her feet are measuring a 5.5 and her shoes were 5's. So yep another new pair of shoes for Maria. This time we got her cute NIKE shoes. She'd been wearing just her Stride Rite walkers but since she's an expert walker the shoe store lady said she could do a different shoe now. So NIKE we went! they are super cute, and Velcro this time. She keeps trying to eat her shoe laces so we're trying the Velcro route this time. That may end up backfiring too so fingers crossed she does not start pulling them off!.

After our adventure in the shoe store we ran to Kohl's to do a little shopping. I picked up some clothes with my birthday money so that was nice!

We wrapped up our AM shopping trip with lunch a McDonald's. Yep we had some nuggets and Ri had her favorite- apple slices! She kept saying apple apple apple the whole time.

We got home and Ri refused to take a nap! Which lead to the best part of the day! Our trip to target! So of course Maria fell asleep as soon as we got back in the car to head to Target. Normally when you get her out of the car she wakes right up...Ya not today. She slept the entire time we were in the store. I carried her the whole time and tried to push the cart. I thought about getting her stroller but there was no way I could get what I needed to and pushed a stroller and carried the stuff. So ya my arms are tired now. Of course she woke right up as soon as we got back in the car. Hey at least she napped. Let's look at the bright side!

Now Ri is catching up on an episode of Word World and I'm posting. Mike and Dan are outside finishing up with the sod in the yard. I can't wait to get to actually let Maria play in the yard!

Well that's it for now. That was our week in a nutshell! lol

No comments: