Today Maria and I drove out to see her Grandma (my mom) and go shopping for my birthday. We had a great day. We got to my moms around 11 so Maria could have lunch before we left. We picked up my cousin Gina's birthday gift and then headed to the mall to look for shoes. I have been picking new tennis shoes for the last few years for my birthday present from my parents. It's nice I don't have to worry about buying them for myself during the year. We picked up shoes for me, new sandals , and a few really cute spring dresses and outfits for Maria. I also found a cute snow suit for Maria for next winter for only $5.99! It was originally $65.00! I must say I love the clearance rack! So we went shopping for my birthday and Maria wrapped up the shopping trip with a plastic German Shepard figure, new chubby crayons and giant Spongebog coloring book, new sandals, 2 pairs of sunglasses, 4 outfits, and a snowsuit. Can we say spoiled Ya just a little! She was such a good girl though! She was so good in her stroller! No meltdowns, no tantrums, and no flipping out to try to get out of her stroller!
When we got home we had waffles with Daddy for dinner and spent the rest of the night playing. Maria was a nut! She was running all over the family room being just crazy! She even went as far as to take off her diaper while I was trying on her new clothes! Every time I tried grabbing her she would yell and run away in her goofy come and get me kinda way! She's such a nut.
Bedtime tonight went great! Ri was in her bed at 7:55 and asleep by 8:10. It took 15 min for the little darling in her big girl bed to go to sleep. Thank goodness we didn't have a repeat of last night! Thursday night she fought me to go to sleep. We started at 7:30 trying to get her to sleep and at 9:10 she was finally asleep. She just wasn't tired. She played and rolled around and told me she was all done. So needless to say I'm super happy tonight she went right to sleep. She is doing a great job in the toddler bed. She even stayed in her bed this morning until Mike went into her room to get her up. She was up in her bed for about a half an hour. We were both really expecting her to get up and run all over her room in the morning. Like I said before, if only potty training could be so easy! I think that's a challenge for this summer!
Tomorrow we have Gina's birthday party at my Aunt's house. It will be nice to see all the kids and visit with family!
On a more serious note, I again ask people to continue praying for baby Stellan. He is still very sick and his heart is not doing well. You can read about Stellan's story at MckMamma's blog. It's looking like a tough road for this little guy. If you have time I suggest reading the back story behind this little guy. It's all on her blog.
That's all for now...goodnight and God bless!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment