Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Check out Tom Skilling!

Here is me with Tom Skilling! He's the head Meteorologist at WGN. Today I went on a little field trip with 5 students, our schools principal, and our art teacher to visit the WGN studio. Since I started up our school's news program a few years ago I was asked to go with on this cool trip. Our principal knows WGN reporter Lordes Duarte and she was wonderful and set up this tour for our 8 person group. I LOVED IT! We had a great time! The kids we're awesome, and well they learned a lot and had a blast doing it. We saw the newsroom, and the control station, and the actual studio where the news is taped. We were really lucky and got to watch the last 15 mins. of the midday broadcast air. The kids even got to be on tv for a brief moment at the end of the show! They were so excited!
After the show we spent a few minutes talking with Steve Sanders and Dina Bair and Tom Skilling. After we took some pictures of the kids sitting at the studio desk (what you see on tv when they are on) we got to spend some time in the Weather Center with Tom Skilling. I must say he was the nicest person! He spent a lot of time just talking with the kids and answering questions and showing us all kinds of fun stuff on his computers. I can't say enough about our trip! What a great way to start off Thanksgiving Break.
On the Maria front...well her cold is getting better. Monday and Tuesday were tough. She was extremely congested and stuffy. Poor thing! We've had a few rough nights where Maria ended up in my bed before the night was over. She just wouldn't sleep. I'm hoping today she makes it all night. Bed time has been rough too. Tonight she was not so bad, still ended up doing some rocking and snuggling and then my favorite part, trying to put her down. Oh dear does she cling to me. I did get her down. She cried a bit, but after about 5min was asleep. Thank goodness! I'm really praying for a good night.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! This will be Maria's last "First" holiday to celebrate. Quite sad! I can't believe it, in just a few days my baby will be ONE!

No comments: