Saturday, November 15, 2008

Our busy busy days



So its been a week since I've updated Ri's blog. We've been pretty busy. On Tuesday Mary and Maria had their Christmas pictures done, and Maria had her one year pictures done. They all turned out quite cute. I'm still waiting to get the link to them so I can post them, until then you'll just have to believe that they are CUTE!
On Wednesday Maria went to her first Spaghetti Supper at St. Mary. Anyone who is has even been to, or helped with this day knows what a huge undertaking it is. I brought Ri to dinner around 6. There were kids everywhere, some of them were my students, past and present. Maria loved getting to walk around the gym and be the social butterfly that she is. She ate a good chunk of my spaghetti, and bread. She was very well behaved, and received quite a few compliments.

Today we went out to Minooka to visit Grandma H. The three of us hit up the craft show they were having at the new high school. It was really nice. While there we found a lady who did custom embroidery on items she had to sell. We found Maria a "Happy First Birthday" bib with a cupcake on it. We had Maria's name put on it. Then we found, at the same stand, an adorable pink corduroy jumper. The jumper has a big cupcake on it, and big white bows. We also had Maria's name embroidered on it as well. It is so perfect! I can hardly wait to get pictures of Ri in her special birthday outfit.
It was just so convenient that the stand right next to the lady with the embroidery were two ladies making custom hair bows. The ladies made Ri a big white bow to match her new birthday outfit, and they made her two adorable pink and lime color bows to match a cute pair of jeans I found for her. Of course they are from the same embroidery lady! Oh and her bows were only $7 for all 2 of them, and I was able to pick what kind of clips went on them.
Spoiled Maria also got a little Maria sized pillow for her bed. She sleeps on her baby Daisy so I figured she could use a little pillow. It has a cute Eeyore pillowcase on it, and Grandma bought her a back up Tigger pillow case too.
Tonight we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Maria was such a good girl while there. She got to be a big girl and order her first meal from the kids menu! She had bread sticks, and mac and cheese, and almost a full cup of milk from her special straw Olive Garden kids cup! Oh Ri! You're such a big girl!!!
We got home about 7:30 and Maria is asleep already. She was pooped from her busy busy day! Honestly I'm pooped too!

No comments: