Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July... and "Mama"



Well Maria seemed to enjoy her first 4th of July. We had a nice morning playing and spending time with Daddy. Maria spent some time with Daddy while Auntie Kim and I went to pick up a few more things for out cookout. We made a big fruit salad for the party. Maria was happy because she got to have some yummy fruit in her mesh feeder. She loved her pineapple and watermelon! Anyway she had a good evening, and enjoyed watching some of the fireworks, well until she got tired. Once she was tired she just wanted to snuggle with me until she fell asleep. She actually fell asleep, woke up, fell back to sleep, and finally woke up again at midnight! After that she was out until 8am. Thank goodness!

On Saturday morning when Maria woke up I did our normal morning routine, diaper, snuggle in mommy and daddy's room, and then breakfast, except for this time she sat on our bed saying, "Mama!" Finally! She says Dada, but I've been trying for so long to get her to say Mama, but now she's done it! It's so cute because she says it all the time. When she says it I make sure I acknowledge her so she can make the connection that that means me. It really is sooo cute!

Oh well it's late, and I'm going to finish watching Harry Potter and folding laundry. It should be a nice two weeks, since Mike is on vacation. We're going to plan some nice family stuff to do!

No comments: