Thursday, October 2, 2008

First Steps and New Words!


Wow what can I say! It's been a fun day! Maria has been saying "all gone" all day! It's slowly becoming more popular than her favorite "Ba." So I at first thought I'd just have that to report today, but I was wrong!

This evening I was sitting on the edge of the couch talking to my sister Chris, and Maria was standing up holding the couch about 2 feet away. Out of no where she let go of the couch and took two steps and grabbed my leg. I looked at her like, "Oh my Ri! You just took two steps!" I scooped her up and gave her a great big hug, all while still talking to my sister, who got to at least hear it first hand. After we hung up the phone Ri and I played on the floor where I would stand her up and she would take first 2 steps, then 3 steps, and finally 4 steps towards me with her little arms all stretched out! The funny part was she did it with the phone in her hand the entire time. Of course she refused to do it when Mike got home. She just looked at me like I was crazy! I know now that she's done it there will definitely be more to follow!
What can I say our little girl is getting so big already!!! I do definitely think she'll be walking for her first birthday! Oh and speaking of birthdays, Maria is going to have a cupcake themed party. I found the most adorable cupcake theme... Click here to see it. I think it will be adorable!
Hope all is well with our readers (the few of you that are out there!)
Good Night!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

OMG, that's great!!! Go Maria!

vjbdolphin said...

I cannot believe it !! What a big girl :) Love the cupcakes too !!!

Mom of 3 boys said...

YEAH Maria!!! Now mommy is totally in for it. That's great big girl!!!!!!!!