Saturday, October 4, 2008

New Shoes, and a Haircut


On Thursday I received in the mail the reminder card that Maria needed to have her shoe size checked. I decided to stop by the kids shoe store (Big n Little) and have them take a feel on her little piggies. Well of course her little toes were already smashed! She grew out of her 3 wides, which we got in July, and is now already in a 4.5 wide! I could not believe it. I was thinking she's have a little longer in her shoes, but boy was I wrong. So while I was there we bought Maria her new 4.5's. They are actually the exact same shoe as before, just in the new size. They don't have too big of a selection at that size, plus I really liked the Stride rite shoes she had. I guess it makes sense why getting her shoes on was such a production!
This morning I called Pigtails and Crew cuts, the kiddy hair cut place, and made Maria an appointment to get her little mullet and bangs trimmed. She was sooo good! It was really cute. The lady put on Spongebob for her, and we put her in the firetruck. After her little cape was on the hair cut began. Maria was so cute, she just sat there trying to play with the steering wheel, and watching Spongebob while she got her hair trimmed. It looks so much better now that she doesn't have this crazy little funk going on in the back, and she's not getting hair in her eyes. It's very cute!
This evening we tried something new for bedtime, no bink! Honestly it went really well. I put Maria to bed and since I left her bink in the car, and quite frankly didn't feel like going to get it, I decided now was as good of time as ever to start the bink breaking. Maria at first looked at me like I was crazy, but then just went to sleep like normal. She really doesn't "need" it. She actually plays with it more than anything. So hopefully we can "lose" the rest of them and be done with it. I had planned to have her off it by the time she turned one, so maybe we'll just go "cold turkey!"
I'll keep you posted! : D
Good night! and GO DODGERS!

No comments: