Wednesday, October 22, 2008

When did she get so big?

Maria standing with the remote (I had time to get the camea and take pictues before she fell down)

It seems like each day that passes Maria acts more and more like a toddler. If it's not the throwing things off her high chair saying, "all gone," then it's the turning on and off her own toys, like her big rocking horse that has a button on the ear to make is make horse sounds, or she's trying to walk from object to object with out holding on, or standing for longer and longer spans of time without falling down, and now not only standing by herself with no one around her but actually trying to walk around without anyone near her. I just can't figure out where her first year went!

Maria still standing with the remote. It's her favorite. She even knows how to use it! She did take a few steps after this picture! She's getting good!

The other day I was looking at Maria's scrapbook in amazement of how little she was. I know it was only about 11mths ago, but wow has she grown. She's such a big girl now! I remember her snuggling up in my arms all 7lbs 11ozs of her just sleeping away. Now forget one arm, you need two and some extra muscle to lug almost 24lbs of Maria around! Mike and I were talking today about this, and we both said that we are just happy she is healthy and growing like she should. We knew the baby days would pass quick, but wow blink and they are gone! That's why I don't feel the least bit bad about letting Maria fall fast asleep in my arms tonight. Oh how I love to snuggle with her. Nor did I feel bad when Mike and I brought her in our room to snuggle when she woke up Monday night. We we're both in need of some Maria snuggles. She did get back in her crib by 11 to sleep the night though.
We did discover the reason for the bad nights last week was teething related. You can feel two lumps in the back bottom of Ri's mouth. Yup she has both bottom molars coming in already! I was really surprised since she doesn't yet have her 3rd and 4th bottom teeth. She currently has 4 top and 2 bottom. I wasn't quite ready for the molars!
Yesterday I purchased Maria's birthday invites. I didn't have a chance to order the cupcake stuff like I wanted, so I took a stroll around Factory Card Outlet and ended up with a first birthday Pooh theme. It's cute, and it has some cute turquoise and purple colors in the party stuff, so I'm going to look for either a purple, turquoise, or polka dotted dress for her. We're going shopping on Friday, since we're on Fall Break from school, so I'm hoping to find Ri a birthday dress, and a Christmas dress. She's having her birthday pictures done on 11/11 and her Christmas pictures done with Mary on that day. I can't believe it's time for birthday and Christmas pictures already! Really when did she get so big!!!
Well this post got long! I'm a bit long winded tonight! So that's about all that's going on with us.

No comments: