So it's been a busy week, filled with some rough bedtimes. Maria hasn't wanted to go down for bed like normal. She cries and screams her little head off when I put her down. She takes a good grip on my shirt and refuses to let go. I put her down, she then gets up and stands in her crib crying this "where are you going, I want Mama" kinda cry. I breaks my heart! I walk out after giving her her hugs and kisses turn on her seahorse, and her Little Worshipers CD. She still cries, and after a while she goes to sleep. The trouble is that a half hour later she's up screaming again. Last night she was standing in her crib with no pants on. Oh my poor dear! So I put her little sweats back on and changed her diaper, and then tried to put her to bed. No go! Didn't work. We snuggled for about 20min in her rocking chair before she was really asleep and I could put her down. It worked, she was asleep... well until about 10:30. Again Maria was up, and crying. This time I stood next to her crib and rubbed her back and head and she finally went back to sleep. It seemed like if i stopped rubbing her back she would look up to see where I was, and if she seemed to think I was leaving she's start crying again. My poor thing.
Anyway, we did a similar bedtime on Wednesday as well, except that one ended in Maria cuddling with me in bed before she finally went to sleep in her crib. It was a tough night.
I know I should just put her in bed, and let her go to sleep, and cry a bit if she has to, but it's hard. I know she'll go to sleep if I just cuddle with her. Really she's not going to want to snuggle with me forever! I just love that she makes it clear that she "needs" her Mommy! It's such a wonderful thought.
Oh and yesterday Maria took some more steps! She seemed to be in the mood to try and walk. She can normally get in like 3-4 and then she grabs on to me, or something. It's so cute watching her try to walk. She's also doing great walking while holding on to just one finger! Oh my big girl! Mike did say last night that he didn't want her to walk yet! It's going to be a whole new ball game! She's already a little trouble maker! LOL
Tomorrow we're going to the Pumpkin Patch. Obviously there will be tons of pictures! As always! It should be a nice day! I can't wait!
2 comments:
I just keep repeating that these times will go by too quickly, and she won't want to cuddle before bed. Enjoy and do what works for you guys! I hope you have a great time at the pumpkin patch today. It's so pretty outside! I look forward to the pictures :)!
I completely agree with you - these times go by so fast. Who cares about what you are "supposed" to do and do what works. She will learn how to go back to bed herself.. I mean, I figured and it and so did you :) Do what makes you both happy !! :)
Post a Comment