So that sums up our weekend! LOL. We had my cousin Julius' 4th birthday party this weekend. They live a little less then 2 hrs from us, so it was a bit of a drive with a bit of construction. Despite the drive, we had a great time. It was really nice to get to visit with family. Maria was a good girl. She played with her cousins, ate a Cheeto, had chicken nuggets for dinner, and of course some of Grandma's cake and ice cream. Oh my big girl! Julius had a Star Wars themed party, which really was very cute. The one picture is of Julius and Hazel and their cousin in their costumes. I can't get over Hazel's little pigtails sticking out of her mask! Priceless! I loved it! I'm currently trying to upload them onto Snapfish so I can share them with everyone. Maria had fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa as well. She played outside with Grandma. She loved the little swing. I think that that would be a great birthday present for her! We also got some cute pictures of Maria with her Grandpa. She was perfectly content sitting on his lap playing with a water bottle.
The trip home was pretty entertaining. Maria, despite being tired, spent the first half of our drive talking up a storm. She babbled on and on throwing her Daisy and bink all over the truck! Finally, after an hour she fell asleep! When we got home she refused to go to bed. I caved in and sat in her room with her rocking her in her chair for a good half and hour before she would finally just go to sleep in her crib. I think she was just way tired and needed some snuggling. Oh well.
Today Mike and Matt continued to work on filling the hole what once was our pool. The hole didn't seem that big at first, but now that they are trying to fill it, it seems huge! It's probably about half way filled right now, hopefully more! At least they are getting close to the shallow end of the whole.
Well now I'm sitting her updating Ri's blog when I should be doing the dishes and folding clothes! It seems like I've been going all day so I thought I'd take advantage of Maria taking a late nap and relax a little myself. I can fold clothes while Desperate Housewives is on later. : )
Well tomorrow is Columbus day, not last Monday like I thought when I started teaching my lesson on it last week. Mike has the day off, unfortunately I do have school. So Maria is spending the whole day home with Daddy! I am leaving him a note just in case he needs it so she stays on her normal daily routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment