Well Saturday was Maria's Great-Grandma's birthday party. We drove out to Great-Aunt Lynn's (I know she hates being called that) for the party. Maria got to play in the kiddie pool with her cousins. She didn't seem to mind being in the cold water. She wanted to play with toys, and all that was in the pool we're little squirt guns. So she chewed on one of those for a while. It was so cute seeing my little chunker in a little baby bikini!
After swimming was done I got munchkin changed and we had some time to visit with the family. It was nice to see everyone, since it's a rare occasion to get everyone in the same house! Maria got to spend some time with her Aunt Chris and Uncle Andy. Aunt Chris got her the cutest purple dress, which she wore to church today already!
The scariest part of our day was definitely the way home. We knew that there was some bad weather getting close to home, so we headed out from Great-Aunt Lynn's house and started heading home. Well the weather wasn't too bad until we hit about I-57. We were listening to the news radio station and they were tracking a huge storm cell that was producing tornadoes! Well of course that's when things started to get scary. As we got through the I-80 toll booth the rain started poring down. The wind was everywhere and you couldn't see a thing. All I knew was we needed to get off the expressway. There was no way we were going to drive over the quarry with this weather. We made it off the expressway after hydroplaning pretty badly. We pulled into a hotel parking lot. I grabbed Maria and ran into the lobby. We were both pretty wet, and well pretty scared. Mike was looking out the front doors and you could see the rotation in the sky to the east. So we waited it out at the hotel as the storm traveled north east away from us, and our home. Once it was clear we headed for home. I don't think I've ever been so scared!
Today has been pretty busy. Mike has been working on getting the holes drilled for the new deck, and working on the kitchen sink. Of course it decided to start leaking last night! When it rains it pours! So today I'm going to try to get some stuff done around the house... Maria has had a great day! She took an awesome nap around lunch time, and is down again! She must be growing more! I guess she needs her rest, since she's been playing so much, and trying so hard to crawl!
1 comment:
Yeah - that storm was INSANE !! Good move on going to the hotel! It seems so much scarier now that we are responsible for another life!!
Post a Comment