
TGIF! That's first and foremost! And it was even a short week, but boy did it drag! I look forward to Friday more than ever before now that I have my little Maria to spend the weekend with. I feel like I miss so much being at work, and away from her. I know that I have a wonderful profession for raising a family, and I pick Maria up between 3:15 and 3:30 everyday. That does give me until bedtime to spend with her. I know there are so many moms and dads who do not get that much time with their children because of their schedules, and commutes after work. So on that note I'm thankful that i have as much time as I do with Ri.
The last two weeks have been quite busy. Work has kept me going constantly. My four classes are pretty much filled to the brink, and well we're Tammy and I) managing. Each day is a challenge, but equally rewarding. My Nursery classes get better with each day that passes, and my Pre-K kids are doing great. Next week we start our new PM pick-up procedure, so I'm thrilled to get some extra in class time. So like I said TGIF! We had a great day at school, but I'm still thankful for the weekend with my little girl.
Maria had her 9mth well baby check-up this week. I'm happy to say that it went great. Ri was 21lbs 9ozs and almost 29in long. The doctor said that she's on the tall side. Hmmm I wonder where she got that from?!? So she's right around the 90th percentile for both height and weight. The doctor was thrilled about her development, Maria is doing everything she should be. I also asked the doctor about table food. She said she could eat whatever I wanted to feed her as long as it wasn't too salty, spicy, or fatty. So this is great since Maria loves to feed herself. It also forces us to eat healthier. Not that we're horrible eaters, but it makes me more likely to make a nice dinner if I know we're all eating instead of just grabbing a bowl of cereal and calling it dinner. Obviously we're not going to stop having pizza night or anything like that, since Ri does still like the Gerber Graduate foods that she can feed herself. Anyway it was just nice to have such a good appointment.
On the flip side, Maria's appointment was at 4:00, we didn't get into the room until 4:45, and out of the office until almost 5:30. We finally got home right around 6. So Maria took a cat nap in the car, and had a late dinner when we got home. She's in bed now. (has been for about 45min) and we're hoping she sleeps in tomorrow. I really would love to sleep until at least 7. I'm up pretty early everyday so it would be nice to sleep just a little longer. I'm thinking she might give us until at least 7 since she won't hear my alarm, and she was up a little later than normal.
Well I guess that will do it for tonight. Tomorrow I think we're going to drain the pool, and maybe take a trip to Babies R Us so we can pick up a crib rail teething guard. Maria has turned into a wood chuck at Aunt Chris' house and is hacking up her cousins crib, and well her crib too. So we need to pick something up to rectify that!
1 comment:
Such a big girl !!! I know what you mean about missing so much with them.. we just have to make the best of the time we spend together !!
Post a Comment