Um yes you are Maria! She loves climbing under her saucer now! It's too funny. She crawls right up to it and climbs under it and tries to sit up, then she stops and looks around and then crawls out. Oh what a character!
On Thursday we made a run to DQ and got some ice cream for the family. Family meaning Mike and I, Maria and Snickers. Yup I gave Ri vanilla ice cream (not a lot) and yes I know she's not one yet and isn't' suppose to have it. Oh well! I'm her Mommy and she really loves it! It doesn't bother her tummy, she doesn't end up with bad poops or anything so I little bit here and there isn't going to hurt! I mean really just look at that face!
Maria also absolutely loves standing at the tv and pounding on the stand, and sometimes the tv itself. Ya not a good idea Maria! She spends so much time crawling to the tv! It's driving us crazy. Oh and look close and you can see that she's carrying Baby Daisy by her foot with her mouth so she has two free hands! She really cracks me up!
Another favorite, climbing up the stairs! Thank goodness for baby gates! She also loves to pound on the gate, and the front door! She stands at the door and babbles away and talks while she pounds.
And one more favorite, all of Snicker's toys!!! Eww Maria stop eating her toys!Anyway the last few days have been pretty busy. Last night Mike and I attempted to see a Sox game, but after getting to the stadium, eating, buying a new jersey and t-shirt, they cancelled the game. Since we're running out of home games we're going to be able to use our tickets to get tickets for next season. They were going to have a double header today, but that was also cancelled because of all this crazy rain!
This morning Maria and I picked up Chris and Mary and we headed out to the Baby Expo. Well let's just say that that was the biggest waste of time! Seriously how can you call it a Baby Expo when there are people trying to sell you windows, and jewelery, and bath and body stuff, and purses, and stuff like that? Really wouldn't you expect to see like diapers, wipes, strollers, car seats, formula, bottles, baby carriers, clothing, toys and stuff like that? Please stop me if I'm wrong! Yes ,there was a handful of baby exhibits, but really overall it was pretty crappy! Definitely a waste of time. As you can tell I do not recommend it!
After the Expo we went for lunch and then dropped off Chris and Mary and headed home. We had a nice Saturday afternoon. Maria took a great nap. I got some cleaning done, and got to relax a little bit. Oh but then I did find out that since Chris and Mary aren't feeling well, I'm going to leave work after my morning class on Monday so I can watch Maria. Maria's Nana is going to watch her in the morning, but has to work in the afternoon. So I guess that's good for me. Not that I don't want to work the whole day, I like my kids, I just don't mind getting to spend some extra time with Maria.
This evening we ran some errands. I had to bring back those stupid gummie rails to BRU then we stopped at Walmart to get diapers, and some big baby legos for Maria. Might I add that I really don't like the Walmart here. It's so well, ewww!!! But they have her diapers in a bigger box than Target for the same price, so I guess I can make a trip there just for that.
Maria is now asleep. I'm catching up on her blog, and I should probably wrap this up and go take a shower. Well hope everyone has managed to stay dry!
Oh and one last note...Please keep my good friend Tim and his family in your prayers. They live outside of Houston and are trying to recover from Ike. They were lucky and his parents house did not sustain any major damage and they are all well and safe, just without power. Some of their neighbors homes sustained a bit more damage. So like I said keep them, and those affected by Ike in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment