
Most of the time when I sit down to blog, it's about the day to day type stuff that goes on with Maria, what she's doing, what I've been doing, and stuff like that. Well this entry is about tonight's "little moments." So I started thinking about those moments that just bring a smile to your face, those moments that make your heart melt, those moments that make all the stress, and extra miles on the car just melt away.
I started thinking about these moments tonight as I finished getting Maria ready for bed. She was already snuggled up in her jammies and was curled up in my arms sitting on our normal spot on the couch drinking her night night sippy. (or as Mike calls it, "her sip sip sip") Anyway after Maria was done with her sippy I gave her her bink, and Baby Daisy and we talked a bit. We did the little lip thing where you wiggle your finger over your lips and make the silly sounds, and as I played with Ri's little lips she just kept trying to grab mine. It was one of those "little moments."
Then after she wiggled around and tried to get out of my arms, she settled down, and just snuggled up with me. Daisy 's body was in her arms, and her pigtail in Ri's little fingers, she wiggled it under her nose and she started to drift off to sleep. She fell right to sleep in my arms as peaceful as can be. What a special little moment. I loves those moments with her.
I know there are so many more, so many that I guess I can't quite find the words to explain them justly.
I guess the best way to put it is that we're truly blessed to have such an amazing little girl in our life. It's wonderful to be able to call her our daughter. It's hard to believe that she's ours. I still look at her in amazement sometimes, and I know Mike does too, and just watch as she climbs all over the house, or learn something new, or do something for the first time. It's so amazing to me.
I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to sum this up, and well there really isn't words. We're so blessed and in love with our beautiful little girl. I Cherish the little moments, and thank God for each and every one of them!
Sorry for my the randomness of this post. I guess I was just feeling kind of sappy! : )
2 comments:
I loved it !! I am the same way ~ I try to "freeze time" and tell myself to remember this moment because before you know it, they are all grown up !! Thang God for our little blessings !!!
That is such a sweet post. I remember feeling that way when the boys were little too. Now the special moments are fewer so it makes them even more special. Enjoy her falling asleep in your arms because once she's 8, she'll still try to fall asleep in your arms, but she just won't fit right.
Post a Comment