Well we woke up and it was still raining. UGGG it seemed as if it was never going to end! I'm thankful it has, and I'm praying for those who are dealing with all the flooding that has ensued from all this rain. It's horrible to look down my block and see that the houses at the bottom of out little hill are totally water logged. My street t's off with another street and behind those houses there is a little pond, that well isn't so little anymore. It's now actually covering the street and coming up my street. The whole area has been cautioned off by the town. I pray the water recedes quickly! Since we had all this rain and flooding, Mike went in to work for the city at like 12 and will be there until probably midnight. They are trying to keep order, block streets off, and stuff that emergency services do. 
Maria and I have obviously spent the day at home, avoiding the rain, and keeping an eye on the house. We are really lucky that we live at the top of the previously mentioned little hill. I am very thankful for this, since we've gotten nothing more than a trickle in the backdoor that runs right to the drain in the laundry room.

Ri and I played a lot today, snuggled a bit, watched some football, and some baseball, and had a bath. It's been a nice day together. Oh and some news... No School Tomorrow...due to flooding in the area. That's a first for me. Never had a "flood day." On the flip side, we will have to make that day up, and odds are there is water in the basement of my building where one of our KG classes meets. I know the entire building is going to smell, and it's going to take a bit to get it all dried out. I'm really hoping it's not too bad! We'll see on Tuesday! I pray for those poor teacher who have to deal with their classroom flooding all the time! 

Anyway I don't have too much to add tonight. I do have some cute pictures of Maria in her Notre Dame cheer leading outfit, and in her pink Bears jersey. So really I just wanted to add those! She's so darn adorable!!!
2 comments:
Even in ND, Maria is adorable! I hope you enjoyed your "flood day!"
I love the little ND outfit, she's so adorable!!! Hope you don't get any water, you lucky woman!!!
Post a Comment