Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a nice weekend!


Just thought I'd share a fun picture of Ri.... So this is what she looked like at 25wks! It's scary how she really does look like that!!!

Anyway....I must say we had a very nice weekend. We picked up some Fisher Price toys on sale at Toys R Us on Saturday. We're planning on putting them away for either Maria's birthday or Christmas.

Here's what we got...

The Fisher-Price Stroller/Walker



Next we picked up the Laugh and Learn Shop and Learn Walker (Mike wanted this one)


And finally we bought the Laugh and Learn Computer Learning System






So we're excited to get a few things all at 30% off! We are still looking for a few things that we want to get Mary for Christmas too. We may get her some of the same things we got Ri, so we'll see???

After we finished our trip to TRU we went home and got ready for our annual Block Party. Maria was great at the party. It was a beautiful night and we really did have a nice time. Maria was very social, she even let some of the neighbors hold her! I was shocked. She had the most fun dancing with her Mommy! Yup she cracked up laughing while we danced. She loved all the colorful lights that were set up around the DJ stand. Maria did get to bed a little late, but it was Saturday, so I guess that's ok!

This morning we went to mass at St. Mary's. Oh boy was Maria a crab! I think 9 am mass is a bad time for her. It's way too close to morning nap time. She wined and crabbed the entire time! It made for a very long mass. I even gave her a sippy of juice, and some goldfish crackers, and well we got nothing but fussing! Once she was in the car she passed out!

This afternoon Mike pulled the pool out! It was totally drained, and now gone! We do have a lovely hole in the ground which will be getting filled soon. It's so nice to have it down!!!

This afternoon Chris and Mary came to visit. We we're both going to be home alone so why not have a play date! It was nice we had dinner before Mike left for work, and then Mary and Maria got to spend the evening playing. They did both get a bit crabby and tired from all the playing, but all in all it was a nice evening.

Now I'm working on the laundry and obviously updating Ri's blog. Seriously even it tons of people don't read her blog, I still love doing it. I love just being able to sit and just share what we've been up to, and well just write down these memories so I can even look back at them and read.

Oh and I've you've made it this far through all my babble... Maria is doing a great job at starting to stand all by herself!!! This evening she was playing at her Leapfrog Music table and she let go and stood by it (not touching it) and started clapping. She's doing so good! She's been standing really good all weekend! I'm so proud of my big girl!!!

3 comments:

Mom of 3 boys said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!!! Glad you got to enjoy it with the nice weather.

Amy said...

Oh so much fun! I love how pleased the babies get with themselves when they figure out something new! Sounds like the perfect weekend!

Anonymous said...

Girl, when I saw that ultrasound pic at the beginning of this blog, for a split second I thought you were telling us all you were pregnant again! :-p